Gambling is a form of entertainment and should be treated as such. Always gamble responsibly and follow these helpful guidelines to ensure your gambling stays in control.
- Establish your betting limits and mentally agree with yourself your losses before you start gambling.
- Set a Deposit Limit on your account at a level you can afford to lose
- Set yourself a time limit before you start gambling and stick to it and take regular breaks. This can be done by setting session limits
- Don’t forget your daily life; ensure you have completed all your responsibilities before gambling.
- Don’t turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to pay back a debt.
- Don’t gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- Have Fun and when the fun stops STOP!
You can restrict your gambling with online operators in the following ways
- Set deposit limits which can be daily, weekly or monthly
- Set session reminders so you can keep track of how long your playing and take regular breaks when reminders pop up
- Account restrictions on which platforms you can play on
- Time outs, which will stop you being able to gamble on your account for a short period of time
- Self exclusion periods which suspend access to your account for a minimum 6 month period
- Account closure. Take this option if you have concerns over your gambling